Who says hitting the gym is the only way to achieve a great body? In fact, you can exercise in a far better way at home at the gym. Well, exercising at home doesn’t have to complex for you if you are a beginner. You can strengthen your muscles and have that desired shape with this home workout plan. This easy to follow workout plan includes exercises you need to do every day in a week. So, let’s get started:
Monday (Chest & Triceps)
Begin the first day of the week by following this home workout plan for chest and triceps. This day will include the following exercises:
- Push-Ups: Push-ups are one exercise to strengthen the chest muscles. Use a wide grip for this exercise and make sure to do at least 10 repetitions per set. If you are a beginner, you can start with 2 sets.
- Incline Push-Ups: If you find difficulty in doing regular push-ups, begin with incline push-ups. For this use, a solid bench or table.
- Dips: Strengthen your triceps by performing dips. Use a fixed bench for performing these dips. Alternatively, use two dip bars if you have them at home. Raise yourself on the bars, lower your body as you bend the elbows, and then push your body up until your arms are stretched straight.
- Tricep Extensions: Take the weight and grasp it to place it behind your head. Lift the arms such that the weight is above the head. This is one rep. You can begin by doing 2 sets of 11 to 15 reps.
Tuesday (Back & Biceps)
Perform these exercises for back and biceps on the second day of the week.
- Superman: Superman can be easily done by first lying on your abdomen and then lifting your legs and arms simultaneously.
- Dolphin Kicks: For this back exercise, lie on your abdomen on a bench and then lift your legs as high as possible.
- Bicep Curls: This bicep workout will require you to hold a barbell with your palms facing out and arms straight. Raise the barbell while keeping the elbows at your sides. Make sure to raise it till the shoulder height. Pause for a 2-3 seconds before lowering the barbell.
- High Curl: Secure a resistance band on the hinge side to a door. Hold the handles of the band with both the palms facing up. Now pull the handles in the direction of the shoulders such that your elbows bend. Pause and then straighten the arms.
Wednesday (Lower Body)
Butt Kicks: Begin this lower body exercise by standing tall and raising your left ankle to bring it toward your hips. Then switch to the alternative ankle. Continue doing these kicks for 5 minutes.
Lunges: With your feet butt-width apart, take a step forward with your left leg and knee bent while positing the right leg behind. Now change positions and repeat.
Squats: Your home workout plan for the lower body can also include squats. Make sure to keep your toes pointing a bit outwards as you bend down and sit on an imaginary chair.
Thursday & Saturday (Cardio)
A full-body cardio workout can include exercises like cycling, squats with jumps, butt kicks, dance, climbing stairs, and swimming, to name a few. You can also do jumping jacks and mountain climbers.
Doing inclined push-ups is a great exercise for shoulders. Do 3 to 4 sets with at least 10 repetitions. Apart from this, regular push-ups and dips will also strengthen your shoulder muscles.