Leg workouts are necessary because it is not only important to look cool but also essential to possess strong and beautiful legs. A pair of beautiful and strong legs can easily help you to move all day long. Hence, leg workouts for women are beneficial and should be included in their workout routine.
Don’t Neglect Your Legs!
A majority of women usually neglect their leg because they think it is included in their workout and there is no need to perform it as a separate move. Another reason can be, they think that leg muscles are really large and it is not a good idea, to begin working them out. The most important thing that you need to understand is, you should include at least 1 or 2 moves that mainly focus on working out your legs.
Leg Workout For Women
Here are a few best leg workouts that should be kept in your list if you are aiming for strong legs.
- Stand straight, keep your feet and hips-apart.
- Try to hold a kettlebell and in front of the chest.
- At this point, your elbows should point towards the floor.
- Push your hips back and bend your knees to perform a lower squat.
- Go back to the original position.
However, this is the best leg workout for achieving strong legs and helps in toning the thighs.
Banded Lateral Walk
- Pick a resistance band and keep it under your feet.
- Now stand in a position where your feet are hip-width apart.
- Keep your knees a little bent.
- Maintain a tight core throughout the exercise.
- Step aside with your left foot and then right.
- Now come back to the original position.
This exercise is the best choice if you are planning to activate your glutes and helps in toning your booty.
- Hold a kettlebell in one hand and stand on your other leg.
- Palms should be towards your thighs, legs should be slightly bent and lean forward. Extend the right leg and push it backward.
- Extend your leg till the torso comes parallel to the floor.
- The kettlebell should be lowered so that it touches the floor.
- Come back to the standing position. Performed in three sets and 12 reps for both sides.
Along with these, you can also try Romanian deadlifts, lateral lunges, thrusters, box jumps, and even Bulgarian split squats. Finally, these are the three major leg workouts that you should be performing for toning your legs and thighs. Even though, there are many such exercises, it is not easy to gain toned legs unless you perform these exercises on a regular basis.